Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Challenge Inspired Card



I've been intrigued with the Runway Inspired Challenges and decided it was time to try one. 
 The challenge is also linked with a Sketch Challenge blog so this card was designed for both
 challenges.

Below is the Trina Turk outfit and the sketch:

My flowers were made from red vellum using a Stampin Up Blossom punch.  For the second tier of
 petals I cut
 a slit in the flower and glued the two petals adjoining the slit together to create a bit of dimension. 
 Before gluing this second tier to the bottom layer, I cut off the cone shape formed when I glued the 
two
 petals
 together.  The center was cut from a dotted paper with a sun punch.  To form the circular layer, I 
used 
a B&W
 dotted semi-circle and a white paper doily.  The butterfly was cut with a Marianne Creatables die
 and 
the label
 was made with Spellbinders Nestabilities.  I think the black and white pattern paper I chose for the
 butterfly and
 label is quite similar to the material used for the shorts.  "Smile" is a stamp from Stamp N Plus Scrap N
 It is part
 of a set that is not currently on their website but can be ordered by calling LuAnn at 715-271-1873.


There's a bit of pale blue in the sweater and my design needed a little something to fill the white 
space in the
 upper right corner.  I added a few pale blue rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by...................................Paulette





3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you again Paulette. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is lovely! The poppies are pure magic! Thanks for being Soartful with us, I hope we see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful love the Poppy's they look amazing :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our creations.